Are your leaky ducts costing you money?
The U.S. Department of Energy and the Electric Power Research Institute has determined that 25% to 40% of the heating and cooling energy put out by HVAC systems is lost through the ductwork system. That is a lot of wasted energy & money as air leaks out through the ductwork into your floors, walls, or attic.
As a homeowner are you experiencing?
- High Utility Bills
- Constantly Running System
- Excessive Dust
- Air Quality Problems
- Air Contamination or Odor Problems
Over 90% of existing homes located throughout North America have duct systems that contain small holes and cracks that reduce the level of comfort and increase heating and cooling costs. These leaks result in higher utility bills and air quality problems.
Aeroseal Duct Sealing is a patented breakthrough technology that seals duct leaks from the inside out. Using the Aeroseal software we are able to accurately measure the duct leakage in a residential home. The Aeroseal process puts escaping air under pressure and causes polymer particles to stick first to the edges of a leak, then to each other until the leak is closed.
The Aeroseal 6-step process takes very little time to bring you big savings and comfort:
- Wall registers are covered in order for air to escape only through the leaks
- Sealant is injected into the ducts for approximately 1 hour
- Small aerosol particles are kept suspended in the airflow by continuous air movement
- As the air stream makes a sharp turn to exit through a leak, the particles collide with and adhere to the leak edges
- Ducts are sealed with only 1-2 oz. of the sealant material remaining in the ducts
- A computer-generated analysis summarizing your home’s or building’s amount of leakage is generated, providing verification of success of the process.
What are the estimated savings?
A series of government reports have shown that air duct sealing can lead up to $850 in energy savings per year. Some homeowners have saved up to 40% on their energy bill after Aeroseal Duct Sealing.
What are the Benefits?
- Airtight savings: The money formerly leaking out of your ducts will stay in your pocket longer
- Airtight comfort: Your hard to heat or cool rooms will have more even temperatures and be more comfortable
- Improved air quality: You will see a reduction in dust and humidity, along with fumes and other odors
- Reaches everywhere: Aeroseal seals leaks nearly impossible to reach using other methods
- You’ll be a small part of a bigger solution: A reduction of the amount of air pollution created from generating less energy
- Solve your home or building air flow and ventilation problems
Call Air Duct Cleaners today to learn more about Aeroseal Duct Sealing!