Air Duct Cleaners is your top choice for Dryer Vent Cleaning in the Salt Lake area! In heating ducts, dirt and debris may be the cause for certain health problems or the inefficient operation of heating and cooling systems; but in a dryer duct, lint buildup is the most common problem.
According to the Consumer Products Safety Commission more than 15,600 dryer fires occur annually, causing more than $75 million in property damage. In many instances the main culprit for a dryer fire is lint buildup and blocked air flow.
We clean single-family residences as well as multiple unit dwellings such as duplexes, HOAs and apartment complexes with hundreds of vents. We have developed specialized tools and cleaning methods that ensure we clean the full length of the run while reducing the lint dispersal as it comes out of the vent. We always clean according the NADCA standards and ensure that we clean up any stray lint that may have escaped our vacuum during the cleaning process.
Blocked Dryer Vent Risks include…
- Dryer ducts have not been inspected and cleaned in more than a year.
- Dryer duct is more than 25 feet, which slows air flow.
- You have a large family and use the dryer often.
- Your dryer has flexible plastic or vinyl duct. It’s inexpensive, but plastic ductwork is no longer code approved.
- Your dryer has thin, flexible foil duct that connects the dryer to the dryer duct. This commonly becomes kinked and stops air flow.
Blocked Dryer Vent Warning Signs…
- Your dryer is producing heat, but it takes longer and longer to get your towels and jeans dry.
- Your clothes are damp and hotter than usual at the end of the drying cycle.
- Your outdoor flapper on the vent hood doesn’t open when you turn the dryer on.
If it’s time to clean your dryer vent at home or if you have a large dryer vent cleaning project on the horizon, give Air Duct Cleaners a call today!